Sunday, January 29, 2012

What a great way to start our day…..


We received our answer from Dr. Samit earlier this morning. Angel’s retrieval was done today. 16 Oocytes (eggs) were retrieved and insemination was done using Kevin’s semen immediately following.
We were told that Angel is recovering well. She is cramping a little with some bloating. We were told these are common effects after egg retrieval.  She will be resting at the clinic for a few hours of observation. When the doctor does release her, she will return back to her hotel to prepare for her departure back to Seattle.
As for Kevin and I we are overwhelmed with joy and love. We are excited to have reached the next stage of progress, implantation. Dr.Samit said this will take place this Thursday. He and his team will transfer 5 embryos into our surrogate as per our request (yes, we are trying for twins). The count of five embryos transferred at one time is the maximum allowed by India’s law.
There is something that begins to stir inside of me that I’ve never felt before. All I wanted to do was pray. I thanked the Lord for his blessing us with this opportunity. I spoke to Him for a few minutes, than I said Amen. As for the rest of my day, I was telling my family and friends the great news. They too shared this happy day with us. We are now waiting till Thursday to hear how the transfer goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment