Monday, April 30, 2012

If you patiently accept what comes, you will always pray with joy...Evagrios the Solitary


Its seven o’clock on a Monday evening and the anticipation of a heart beat finding on our second ultrasound echoes with every ounce of my hopeful soul.

Last Wednesday Anjani confirmed an ultrasound that appeared as a little gestational sac was read measuring .53cm. Kevin and I reviewed the ultrasound and at first saw an oval reading of blackness. Then we saw what our glimmer of hope was. It was asterisk of definitive measurements that indicates the tiny darken mass reading as an implanted embryo. Anjani informed us that a second ultrasound will be checked for a heart beat seven to ten days from this date.

I find myself this past week, waking up in the middle of the night checking my phone for any new updated emails from Anjani. Kevin and I hold our breath as we await our last, yet confusing first step we might be taking into parenthood.

We told both sides of our family the happy news of our first ultrasound. Let’s just say that the outcome to everyone’s reaction was much expected. When dealing with the caution aspect of our family, I swear it still surprises me the reaction(s) we get from both sides of our family. And with that said I will leave it at that. I just really, really wish there would be more positive support from those that are continuously concerned and apprehensive of our decision to create our family thru surrogacy in India. If you are reading this, please find comfort in my words when I say, “Kevin and I are 100% sure Dr.Samit and Ajani’s team are doing everything in their power to help give us the family we long for.

Having said that much on my mind, this topic leads me to my next thought. I do believe that good things come to all those who wait. It may not arrive tomorrow or next week, but it does come in a shape of form. It is up to us to be able to acknowledge and decipher the difference between a coincidence and a blessing…whatever the situation calls for.
I believe whatever or however our child comes to us, it was meant to be that way. Kevin and I continue to pray for our miracle, however it comes to us. It is Gods decision to determine how we become parents in the end.

I promise to you all good or bad, I will let you all know the outcome of our second ultrasound.

Please pray and be hopeful for our next reading!?!?

2 comments:

  1. I am praying and sending good thoughts your way. I honestly want Dr. Samit to give you a baby so much. You two are the greatest couple. So sweet and deserving!

    Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lexi,
      You bring tears and joy to our hearts and soul, thank you. We truly appreciate all that you have done for us, and `continue, to send positive vibes our way. You are and always will be a hug part of our lives.
      Much love and respect,
      Angela and Kevin Tassistro

      Delete