Wednesday, December 28, 2011

All booked and ready to go…


We just got home from Chicago and I feel like we just left. Christmas day didn’t give us snow, but some rain here and there. It was nice seeing everyone for the short time we did have. So many laughs, moments of joy, surprise and tears. A lot more memories we will treasure.
 Today we have been preparing for our trip to Seattle and finalizing Kevin’s trip to India/China. I just picked up Kevin’s passport and there I see it, a tourist visa to India and China. Kevin’s flights are arranged for his travel and we just received confirmation for his stay at the Taj Hotel in Hyderabad. He arrives in India on January 6th and departs on January 10th. He will then travel on to China to conduct business until the 19th.
As for Seattle, we were cutting it close to the wire but we did find a flight and hotel stay in the downtown area. Our departure is on Saturday the 31st at 8:00 am. Without delays we should arrive in Seattle at 11:00 am. To make getting around town easier (it being New Years Eve and staying downtown), we rented a car for the day. Lexi has arranged for all of us to meet at the restaurant called Von’s. Its right around the corner from our hotel and close walking distance to Seattle’s famous Market Place. 
As I sit here thinking about it all, I feel ”I can’t believe it’s all beginning to happening”. You wouldn’t believe the constantly thoughts, worry, wonder, fear that run through my head. Believe me when I say they’ve keeping me up at night.  I’m extremely exhausted. Not just from our process of surrogacy. It is also from our traveling, to work to the holidays, to me throwing a baby shower for my little sister in two weeks. I’m over my head. Yet I have this love in my heart that is so strong and so happy. My own self wont let me rest. I am slowly moving toward my dream of becoming a mother. I love thinking of the idea of being called mommy. I love thinking about when the day comes I can hold my child in my arms and watching him sleep. I really do hope this works. Wow, I’m scared…so scared. I know this won’t be easy. Heck, I’ve faced many challenges and jumped many hurtles to get here. I’m not going to give up. Fighting for what I want is what I do best.     

No comments:

Post a Comment